If you’re looking for some minimal style, floating shleves are probably the best option to display your favourite books or vases.
It looks super clean on a wall, and trust us, it’s not very complicated to hang!
Here is the very simple process.
- The first step is to choose which shelves you are going to hang on your walls. You have different styles, and it’s up to you to choose the one you prefer. But what the floating shelves all have is an invisible system, a wall-mounted bracket which is going to be hidden in the wall after the installation.
OUR EXPERT ADVICEWe choose very modern and minimal ones to suit our apartment. Black and white tones were good and clashed with the colour of our walls.
2. Once you got your shelves, you need to know where to hang them! You can chose any placement you like, depending if you have one or several ones. Take the measurements using a level depending on when you’re going to place them and hold your shelves while drawing a line on your wall as a mark.
OUR EXPERT ADVICE We did this together and it was more handy to take the measurements and draw the lines.
3. Place your shelf brackets on the line you traced on the wall and mark the screw holes also on the wall.
OUR EXPERT ADVICE Don’t forget to mark the screw holes, because then you’re going to be lost.
4. Drill the screws through the brackets into the wall. Tip: start with the middle screws and make sure they are level when you finally attach the last ones.
OUR EXPERT ADVICEThis is a good step to do at two persons, to make sure your shelves are level.
5. Now you just need to slide the shelves over the brackets to attach them. You might also have securing screws included, that you’ll need to attach.
OUR EXPERT ADVICEWe didn’t have securing screws included and we think that it would have been better to have some!
That’s it! We told you it was more than easy! Now you can use your shelves to display your favourite things in a stylish way!
OUR EXPERT ADVICEOur shelves really look like they’re floating on our walls! It’s not great to put a lot of heavy things but it’s good for the style.